Equipment Mods are items that modify your character stats by placing them into your equipment sockets. These MODS are classified in 6 different colors (red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple), item sockets are classified in 3 different colors (red, yellow, blue).
|Compatible with red, purple and orange equipment mods|
|Compatible with blue, purple and green equipment mods|
|Compatible with yellow, orange and green equipment mods|
|Compatible with any equipment mods color|
Equipment MODS Types
There are 3 Equipment MODS types in DCUO allowing players to get Equipment MODS in the best way they see fit.
- R&D Equipment MODS
- Created by crafting them in the Research & Development Console
- Synthetic Equipment MODS
- Sold by PVE Vendors spending Marks of Victory
- Prefab Equipment MODS
- Sold by PVP Vendors spending Marks of Valor
What are R&D Equipment mods
R&D Equipment MODS require players to get the Research Plan and then collect all required material for crafting an equipment MOD. These is the step by step tutorial for making an R&D Equipment MOD:
- Having the research plan
- Buying the necessary Equipment Interface (sold by nearby Vendors)
- Creating the necesary color exobytes
- Salvaging items to obtained Simple Materials and Complex Materials
- Getting the Focusing Element from bosses
- Going to the Research and development table
- Combining all needed items
Most equipment can be socketed except for trinkets, rings, weapons, neck or face items. Equipment Mods can be overrided by adding another one on it.
Farming Exobits to create Exobytes is very difficult task. Therefore, the main advantage of R&D Equipment MOD is that players can recover some of their Exobytes by using Recovery Kits. There are 3 most used Recovery Kits in-game:
- Recovery Kit Alpha (Exobyte Yields: 1)
- This item can be bought from R&D vendors.
- Exceptional Recovery Kit (Exobyte Yield: 66-100%)
- This item can be obtained from PVP Rewards and Tier 5, Tier 6, and Tier 7 Bosses drop
- Total Recovery Kit (Exobyte Yield: 100%)
- This item can be obtained from Marketplace only
What are Synthetic Equipment MODS?
Synthetic Mods are Equipment Mods that can be bought with Marks of Victory, instead of being crafted with exobytes through research and development. Here is the list of PVE Tier Vendors that sells Synthetic MODS according to your Combat Rating.
|PVE VENDOR||Synthetic MODS||CR Requirement|
|PVE Tier 3 Vendor||Synthetic Equipment MODS III||Combat Rating 53|
|PVE Tier 3A Vendor||Synthetic Equipment MODS III||Combat Rating 53|
|PVE Tier 4 Vendor||Synthetic Equipment MODS IV||Combat Rating 70|
|PVE Tier 5 Vendor||Synthetic Equipment MODS V||Combat Rating 84|
|PVE Tier 5A Vendor||Synthetic Equipment MODS V||Combat Rating 84|
|PVE Tier 6 Vendor||Synthetic Equipment MODS V Expert||Combat Rating 100|
|PVE Tier 6A Vendor||Synthetic Equipment MODS V Expert||Combat Rating 102|
|PVE Tier 6B Vendor||Synthetic Equipment MODS VI||Combat Rating 106|
|PVE Tier 6C Vendor||Synthetic Equipment MODS VI||Combat Rating 106|
What are Prefab MODS?
Prefab MODs are Equipment Mods that can be bought with Marks of Valor, instead of being crafted with exobytes through research and development. For now, at PVP CR 100, vendors are selling Prefab MODs VI Expert.
Every PVP Tier Vendor sell Prefab MODs VI once players reach at least 96 PVP Combat Rating. According to Player’s PVP Combat Rating, Prefab MODs will be unlocked while PVP CR raises.
Read more about unlocking Prefab MODS in our guide PVP Explained http://dcuobloguide.com/guides/pvp-explained/