The biggest battle between super heroes of our time is about to go down in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, hitting the big screen later this month. There is much speculation about who will win the fight in the movie, and so it is only fitting that we answer that question in DC Universe Online as well. Of course, we’ll do it our way, with an Arena PvP 4v4 double-bracket tournament the Saturday before the movie opens.
The tournament will be held on the US server on Saturday, March 19, 2016, beginning at 9AM PT and running until only one team remains. Mark your calendars!
The tournament will be divided into two single-elimination brackets, one representing Batman and the other representing Superman. Teams may sign up for ONE of these brackets, not both, thus declaring their support for either Superman or Batman.
Each bracket will play matches until one team remains – one the champion for Superman, the other the champion for Batman. Finally, these two teams will face each other in a best-of-3 finale match.
Teams will be made up of 4 players. To sign up, each 4-player team should identify a team captain and choose a team name (that follows community standards). The team captain should then sign up as a team at the appropriate link below (after you choose if you will support Batman or Superman). Include each character name participating in your team’s description.
Teams from each side will outfit their characters’ styles and colors in homage to their chosen hero. We suggest teams in the Batman bracket wear variations of black and gray, while players in the Superman bracket wear some form of red and blue. The rest is up to you – be creative and make your chosen hero proud!
Each player on the first place team will receive one (1) BvS Prize Pack, featuring a suite of BvS merchandise valued at over $300, one (1) BvS Logo Swag Bag from the in-game Marketplace, one (1) DCUO Superman hat, and one (1) DCUO Batman statue from the original Collector’s Edition of the game. Each player on the second place team will receive one (1) BvS Prize Pack and one (1) BvS Logo Swag Bag from the in-game Marketplace.
Instructions For Participants
All participating players will receive one in-game BvS movie poster. To be eligible for prizing, players must live in the US or Canada.
- TEAM CAPTAINS:
- Sign up: Bracket for Batman or Bracket for Superman
- Before signups close on March 18, make sure you have the character names from your team’s four participants (including your own) listed in your team’s description
- If you don’t list your character names, you cannot participate
- ALL PLAYERS:
- Gather and group with your team before 9AM PT
- The event organizers will be gathered at the Superman statue in the Metropolis PvE phase
- Join the custom text chat channel: BvSTournament
- Wait for instructions!
- All matches will take place in <map TBD>
- Players will follow instructions from Mepps during the event
- The Team Captain of the top team will challenge the Team Captain of the bottom team to scrimmage
- Make sure to follow your bracket on challonge to see who you are playing next
- When a match is complete, the winning Team Captain will report the score in the BvSTournament custom text chat channel
The tournament will progress one round at a time until completion. If you have any questions, please post them here before the event to limit confusion day-of as much as possible.
TL;DR: List your character names in your team’s description on challonge or we’ll have no way of knowing who you are, who to send scrimmages to, who to send prizing to, and you will have to be disqualified.
SIGN UP NOW!
Sign ups for the tournament are now open! Remember, you must CHOOSE either Superman OR Batman, and then only sign up for that hero’s bracket.
- Click HERE to sign up for the BATMAN bracket to support BATMAN!
- Click HERE to sign up for the SUPERMAN bracket to support SUPERMAN!
DCUO BvS Tournament: Official Rules
1.Eligibility: The DCUO BvS tournament (the “Tournament”) is an online PvP tournament in Daybreak’s game DC Universe Online. The Tournament begins at 9AM PST on March 19, 2016. The Tournament is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States or Canada (excluding Arizona and Quebec) and have a Daybreak account in good standing with DCUO installed as of March 18, 2016.There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. The Tournament may be entered only from and in an eligible jurisdiction (void where prohibited). Employees, officers, directors and agents of Daybreak Game Company LLC, its parent company, affiliates, or subsidiaries, or any other company involved in the design, implementation, or promotion of the Tournament, as well as their immediate family or household members are not eligible. The Tournament is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2.Sponsor: The Tournament is sponsored by Daybreak Game Company LLC, 15051 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128 (the “Sponsor”).
3.Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Tournament, each entrant warrants that he/she fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules, as well as the DC Universe Online End-User License Agreement (http://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37761/), the Terms of Service (https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service), and the Rules of Conduct (http://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28387/), each of which are incorporated herein by reference. Each entrant further warrants that he/she will accept the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4.How to Enter: Information about the Tournament can be found in the “Announcements” section of the official DC Universe Online forums prior to the event. Sponsor will accept entrants for the Tournament on a first-come, first-served basis following the event’s announcement. Each participant must enter into a Team of four (4). Each participant shall meet the other rules and requirements set forth by Sponsor. Sponsor shall have the discretion to select alternate entrants to participate in the Tournament in case a selected participant is unable or unwilling to participate. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Total entrants will vary.
5.Competing in the Tournament: In order to participate in the Tournament, each confirmed participant must report to the event organizer in-game prior to the event’s start time. Before the event begins, the organizer will review the rules of the Tournament with the participants. In addition to complying with these Official Rules for the Tournament, participants will be required to comply with the organizer’s instructions and decisions throughout the Tournament.
The Tournament will consist of a series of instanced four (4) person team-vs-team PVP battles. In each battle, the team achieving the most points at the conclusion of the instance (either ending the instance in victory or when time expires) will be declared the winner of the battle and move forward in their bracket. This is a single elimination Tournament with two brackets (Batman and Superman). The winning teams from each bracket will play each other in three battles, and the best team of the three battles wins First Place. The organizer’s determinations and decisions regarding the winner of each battle shall be binding and final. All winners will be announced following the event on the DCUO forums.
6.PRIZES: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each member of the First Place team will receive one (1) BvS Prize Pack (approximate retail value is US$300), one (1) in-game BvS Logo Swag Bag (approximate retail value is US$8), one (1) DCUO Superman Hat (approximate retail value US$20), and one (1) DCUO Batman Statue (approximate retail value US$60). Each member of the Second Place team will receive one (1) BvS Prize Pack (approximate retail value is US$300), and one (1) in-game BvS Logo Swag Bag (approximate retail value is US$8). Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value in the event that a prize is unavailable as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. A winner’s prize is forfeit if: (a) the winner is unable to comply with the terms contained herein, (b) the winner is determined ineligible by Sponsor, (c) the prize or prize notification is returned to Sponsor, (d) an incorrect or incomplete shipping address is provided. Taxes and all other expenses and costs not expressly listed above are the winner’s responsibility.
8.Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Tournament constitutes each entrant’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of the entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, character name, and city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9.General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Tournament are impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, computer, software, or network error, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend the Tournament to address the impairment and then, if practicable, resume the Tournament in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules, or terminate the Tournament without awarding any prizes if Sponsor determines in good faith that the Tournament cannot be continued due to circumstances that are out of its control. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Tournament or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Tournament, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Tournament or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to of the following: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Tournament; (b) computer, software, or network errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Tournament or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Tournament or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Tournament, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Each entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. You hereby waive your right to bring any cause of action you may have against any Daybreak entity(ies) with respect to the Tournament one year after such claim or cause of action arises.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Tournament or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Tournament, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
12. Tournament Results: For a list of Tournament winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “DCUO BvS Tournament,” 15051 Avenue of Science, San Diego, CA 92128. Requests must be received by December 31, 2016.