Earth Tank Guide
99,557 views | 86 Comments | Earth / Powers / Traits

Earth players calls forth tremors to affect the world around them. This power is available by buying it from Marketplace with 600 Station Cash.

Earth Tank guide updated to GU47

Statistics Priority

  • Dominance: Dominance makes your effects, like stuns, knocks, and pulls, work on enemies.
  • Defense: Defense reduces damage from non-player enemies. (71 defense = 1% damage reduction).
  • Toughness: Toughness reduces damage from players enemies. (71 Toughness = 1% damage reduction).
  • Health: Health measures ability to withstand knockout

Power Points Build

earth_tank_build

Earth Tank Loadout

earth_tank_dps

  1. Earthen Grip: Grabs an enemy with a hand of Earth to stun and drag them toward you.
  2. Epicenter: Create a focused seismic event that damages and pulls enemies toward you.
  3. Jackhammer: Pummel the ground below, generating destructive vibrations that damage and knock down nearby enemies. Increases Damage Absorption. Additional Aftershocks increase Damage Absorption duration [Aftershock Unlimited (The first 3 Aftershocks will not cost power) 
  4. Gemstone Shield: Summons a ring of gemstones to protect you from a percentage of incoming damage. Creates additional gems increase the percentage of absorbed damage; the final Aftershock will damage enemies. [Aftershock x3] (Usable While Controlled)
  5. Unstoppable: Burst with seismic energy damaging and knocking down nearby enemies and gain immunity against control effects for a short time. Provides immunity to control effects and removes control debuffs to you and up to 7 teammates  (Usable While Controlled)
  6. Soothing Sands: Command the sands of the earth to heal you and gain immunity against control effects for a short time. +10% Control Resistance. Provide immunity to control effects and removes control debuffs for you and up to 7 teammates (Usable While Controlled)

Earth Tank Tips

  • In the Tank role, Dominance is increased by 100%. Defense and Toughness by 1 per point of Dominance plus you gain 25% Damage Absorption.
  • Pull a single enemy with “Earthen Grip[1]” and use it to keep your aggro increasing or “Epicenter [2]” to pull nearby enemies to your center.
  • Always enter a battle with “Jackhammer [3]” to increase Damage absorption and use  Aftershock x3 to increase Damage absorption duration
  • “Gemstone Shield [4]” protects you from a percentage of incoming damage. Use its Aftershock x3  to create additional gems to increase the percentage of absorbed damage
  • Use “Soothing Sands [6] when you are controlled to break it and grant immunity to control effects for you and up to 7 teammates.
  • Use “Unstoppable [5] when you are controlled to break it and grant immunity to control effects for you and up to 7 teammates.

Damage Absorption explained (desolation0 comment)

  • When you are in Earth’s Tank stance, casting any power will provide 25% damage absorption, reducing the damage done by the enemy by that percentage, while also providing bonus Defense based on your Dominance stat. Then you either go the Aftershock route or the Bricks Golem route for another 25%, they don’t stack each other.
    • If you use Brick’s absorption you wont get Aftershock’s absorption from Jackhammer or Upheaval
  • Brick pet reduces your incoming damage another 25% by taking that damage himself, after any mitigation from your own defense and the previous 25% reduction. This does not quite hit 50% total, as the pet instead reduces 25% of the remaining 75%, but the bonus is up permanently as long as Brick is active, and he does some other helpful things.
  • The Aftershock route adds the additional absorption straight to the original 25%, for the full 50%.
    • Casting Upheaval provides 12.5% absorption for 12 seconds, and another 12.5% absorption on the first aftershock,
    • Jackhammer provides 25% absorption for 12 seconds, going up to 18 seconds after the third aftershock.
    • Because these sources don’t stack, and instead cap at the 50% Jackhammer is recommended. In either case, the absorption just cuts that percentage of damage out from being done to you, and the remaining damage is then calculated against your defense.
  • Gemstone Shield mitigates from 50% to 100% incoming damage depending on the number of aftershocks used. That reduction comes before other mitigation sources. The total damage it mitigates is based on your stats. Once the total is used up it breaks, and you go back to taking damage normally.
    • For a big single expected hit, 100% is most useful, for multiple smaller hits, fewer aftershocks may allow the shield to last a slightly longer time up to the full duration, smoothing the damage curve.

Tactical MODS (Lair System Required)

  • Weapon: Absorption Adapter
  • Neck: Fortified Blocking
  • Back: Breakout Regeneration
  • Feet: Deadly Block
  • Chest: Reserve Tank
  • Hands: Regenerative Shielding

Equipmend MODS

  • Red Socket
    • Dominance & Precision
  • Yellow Socket
    • Restoration & Health
  • Blue Socket
    • Dominance

Post Gallery
  • earth_big4
  • earth_big2
  • earth_big1
  • earth_big3
86 comments on “Earth Tank Guide
1 6 7
  1. christopher carty
    | Reply

    im creating a earth amazon warrior i need a loadout that you can recommend i pefer to be a tank. preferable with iconics

    • DCUO Bloguide Post author

      Hello Cristopher thanks for your comment. It is hard to be tank with only iconics powers. Plus only Mesmerizing Lasso provides an amazon superpower helpful for tank role, you can use it instead of Earthen Grip

  2. NewEarthTanker
    | Reply

    Hey quick question,

    Using soothing sands once before I didn’t really think it was worth it because it brought such a small amount of life back to me. Just speaking from a restoration perspective is it worth it or is it only the additions that make it useful?

    • DCUO Bloguide Post author

      Hello NewEarthTanker, thanks for your question. Soothing Sands is unlocked for extra 10% Control Resistance and because it Provides immunity to control effects and removes control debuffs for you and up to 7 teammates. If you boost your restoration, Sooting Sands will increased its healing effect. However, it wont be never high compared with a healer superpower. Remember, your main task as a tank is to keep enemies aggro, keeping you alive is healers task

  3. Chanse
    | Reply

    I have a question as a recently new player. In this build why put the point into the golem if you dont use it? Is there nothing better to put the point into?

    • DCUO Bloguide Post author

      Hello Chanse, you put the point into the golem because otherwise you wont be able to unlock Soothing Sands because it needs at least 3 power points spent in the tree to be enable.

      You can get Envelop or Meteor Shower instead of the golem but you wont be using them neither

  4. Matthew Cohen
    | Reply

    Any plans to update this? Seems to be much older than most guides here and im new so unsure if anything has changed

    • DCUO Bloguide Post author

      Hello Matthew, Earth hasnt been improved with latest Game Updates which is why some guides havent been updated either. This build and loadout are still viable at the moment 🙂

      We always check our guides periodically to provide the best builds and loadouts to the community, if there is any changes we post them on our Fanpage

  5. Hi I was wondering if restoration helps earth tank how pls help?

    • DCUO Bloguide Post author

      Hello Shawn, restoration doesnt improve much earth tanking because of its absorbe damage mechanic. Improving dominance will enhance your survival skills plus keeping you alive is healers task 🙂

1 6 7

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Most Viewed Posts
Powers DCUO Powers DCUO 1,938 Views
Ice DPS Guide Ice DPS Guide 712 Views
Styles DCUO Styles DCUO 580 Views
Mental DPS Guide Mental DPS Guide 515 Views
Fire DPS Guide Fire DPS Guide 513 Views
Light DPS Guide Light DPS Guide 470 Views
Sorcery Guides Sorcery Guides 411 Views
Atomic DPS Guide Atomic DPS Guide 406 Views
Earth DPS Guide Earth DPS Guide 373 Views
Advertisement
In Bluehost We Trust