Earth players calls forth tremors to affect the world around them. This power is available by buying it from Marketplace with 600 Station Cash.
Earth Tank guide updated to GU47
- Dominance: Dominance makes your effects, like stuns, knocks, and pulls, work on enemies.
- Defense: Defense reduces damage from non-player enemies. (71 defense = 1% damage reduction).
- Toughness: Toughness reduces damage from players enemies. (71 Toughness = 1% damage reduction).
- Health: Health measures ability to withstand knockout
Power Points Build
Earth Tank Loadout
- Earthen Grip: Grabs an enemy with a hand of Earth to stun and drag them toward you.
- Epicenter: Create a focused seismic event that damages and pulls enemies toward you.
- Jackhammer: Pummel the ground below, generating destructive vibrations that damage and knock down nearby enemies. Increases Damage Absorption. Additional Aftershocks increase Damage Absorption duration [Aftershock Unlimited (The first 3 Aftershocks will not cost power) ]
- Gemstone Shield: Summons a ring of gemstones to protect you from a percentage of incoming damage. Creates additional gems increase the percentage of absorbed damage; the final Aftershock will damage enemies. [Aftershock x3] (Usable While Controlled)
- Unstoppable: Burst with seismic energy damaging and knocking down nearby enemies and gain immunity against control effects for a short time. Provides immunity to control effects and removes control debuffs to you and up to 7 teammates (Usable While Controlled)
- Soothing Sands: Command the sands of the earth to heal you and gain immunity against control effects for a short time. +10% Control Resistance. Provide immunity to control effects and removes control debuffs for you and up to 7 teammates (Usable While Controlled)
Earth Tank Tips
- In the Tank role, Dominance is increased by 100%. Defense and Toughness by 1 per point of Dominance plus you gain 25% Damage Absorption.
- Pull a single enemy with “Earthen Grip” and use it to keep your aggro increasing or “Epicenter ” to pull nearby enemies to your center.
- Always enter a battle with “Jackhammer ” to increase Damage absorption and use Aftershock x3 to increase Damage absorption duration
- “Gemstone Shield ” protects you from a percentage of incoming damage. Use its Aftershock x3 to create additional gems to increase the percentage of absorbed damage
- Use “Soothing Sands  when you are controlled to break it and grant immunity to control effects for you and up to 7 teammates.
- Use “Unstoppable  when you are controlled to break it and grant immunity to control effects for you and up to 7 teammates.
Damage Absorption explained (desolation0 comment)
- When you are in Earth’s Tank stance, casting any power will provide 25% damage absorption, reducing the damage done by the enemy by that percentage, while also providing bonus Defense based on your Dominance stat. Then you either go the Aftershock route or the Bricks Golem route for another 25%, they don’t stack each other.
- If you use Brick’s absorption you wont get Aftershock’s absorption from Jackhammer or Upheaval
- Brick pet reduces your incoming damage another 25% by taking that damage himself, after any mitigation from your own defense and the previous 25% reduction. This does not quite hit 50% total, as the pet instead reduces 25% of the remaining 75%, but the bonus is up permanently as long as Brick is active, and he does some other helpful things.
- The Aftershock route adds the additional absorption straight to the original 25%, for the full 50%.
- Casting Upheaval provides 12.5% absorption for 12 seconds, and another 12.5% absorption on the first aftershock,
- Jackhammer provides 25% absorption for 12 seconds, going up to 18 seconds after the third aftershock.
- Because these sources don’t stack, and instead cap at the 50% Jackhammer is recommended. In either case, the absorption just cuts that percentage of damage out from being done to you, and the remaining damage is then calculated against your defense.
- Gemstone Shield mitigates from 50% to 100% incoming damage depending on the number of aftershocks used. That reduction comes before other mitigation sources. The total damage it mitigates is based on your stats. Once the total is used up it breaks, and you go back to taking damage normally.
- For a big single expected hit, 100% is most useful, for multiple smaller hits, fewer aftershocks may allow the shield to last a slightly longer time up to the full duration, smoothing the damage curve.
- Weapon: Absorption Adapter
- Neck: Fortified Blocking
- Back: Breakout Regeneration
- Feet: Deadly Block
- Chest: Reserve Tank
- Hands: Regenerative Shielding
- Red Socket
- Dominance & Precision
- Yellow Socket
- Restoration & Health
- Blue Socket