Earth players calls forth tremors to affect the world around them. This power is available by buying it from Marketplace with 600 Station Cash.
Earth Tank guide is updated to GU73. You can check videos from DCUO Youtubers below to learn more about other loadouts and rotations.
STAT POINTS PRIORITY
Every tank has its own mechanics to survive NPCs attacks. These are the mechanics for Earth Tanking:
- In Tank role, you gain the following benefits
- Defense equal to 65% of your Dominance while not blocking
- Jackhammer and Upheaval grants you Stone Skin increasing your Defense by 55% while not blocking. Does not stack with Earthen Bond.
- Brick Golem grants you Earthen Bond transferring a portion of your incoming damage to Brick while not blocking. Does not stack with Stone Skin.
This Loadout is focused on Hybrid Playstyle allowing your character to use a mix of Weapon and Super power attacks. Players must unlock these stat points after unlocking required Weapon Combos and Movement Innates (7 Skill Points)
- Focus: Hybrid – Use 1 Skill Point
- Unlock Weapon Combos, and Movement Abilities before unlocking this Stat
- Critical Attack Chance – Use only 10 Skill Points
- Critical Attack Damage – Use only 10 Skill Points
- Dominance – Use 175 Skill Points
- Primary Stat for empowering your Shields and Defense while not Blocking
- Restoration – After Unlocking Dominance
- Increase your healing effects after Full Dominance
- Spend 5 Skill Points before going Full Dominance to gain Restoration percentage increase
- Health – After unlocking Dominance
- Increase your survival after Full Dominance
- Spend 5 Skill Points before going Full Dominance to gain Health percentage increase
EARTH TANK LOADOUT
Click Power Icons to display their Tooltip
- Use Earthen Grip [1A] to drag your target and nearby enemies
- Use Epicenter  to pull enemies toward you. This is very helpful when multiple NPCs are hitting you and your tank needs a break
- Gemstone Shield  grants a protective Shield preventing a portion of incoming damage. Tap Melee (x3) to increase the percentage of absorbed damage; the final hit will damage enemies
- Soothing Sands  is your Group Breakout ability. It heals you and provides immunity to control effects to you and up to seven teammates.
- Brick Golem  uses super powers to restore Health and defend himself. You gain Earthen Bond transferring a portion of your incoming damage to Brick while not blocking
- Fortify Golem [5A] fortifies your summoned Golem, shielding it from damage and restoring Power to it over time.
- Earthen Grip [1A] is the main tank superpower for getting NPCs aggro
- For some instance mechanics, Earth Tanks will need to use Pebble Blast [1B] to taunt a single target (bosses or sub-bosses). The effect is more powerful and will not be broken by a standard Tank Role taunt
- If you want to have both superpowers Earthen Grip [1A] and Pebble Blast [1B], you can replace it with Epicenter . However, this is not recommended.
- Players can use Jackhammer [1C] is great for Battle Tanking your enemies. They can use this instead of Earthen Grip [1A] for Alerts.
- Superpowered Focus is recommended for using Jackhammer [1C] and still regenerate power while not using weapon attacks
- Jackhammer [1C] Stone Skin effect wont be activated if Brick Golem  is active with its Earthen Bond effect which is why using Fortify Golem [5A] is still necessary to keep your Brick Golem  powered
- Players can choose between Fortify Golem [5A] or Totem [5B] to help their Brick Golem.
- Fortify Golem [5A] keep your Golem powered all the time to inflict damage and heal himself. Plus, you grant him a Shield everytime you use this superpower
- Totem [5B] damages and knocks down nearby enemies. Brick receive healing over time inside area of effect
EARTH TANK Tips
- When engaging battle, start with Earthen Grip [1A], Epicenter , or Totem [5B] (if choosen) to grab enemies aggro
- Use Fortify Golem [5A] to keep your Brick Golem  powered all the time and shield him. Brick will use its own superpowers to deal damage and heal himself.
- This loadout focus on tanking with Earthen Bond effect, transferring a portion of your incoming damage to Brick  while not blocking
- Some players prefer Totem [5B] to keep Brick  healed over time and also taunt nearby enemies. However, Brick  healing superpowers heal him more effectively than Totem [5B] plus inflicting damage to enemies which is why we recommend Fortify Golem [5A] (it also has a lower cooldown than Totem [5B])
- For those instance mechanics where 2 tanks are needed. Communicate with your tank partner and coordinate who will be using the Single Taunt ability.
- Having both tanks with the Single Taunt will let the group vulnerable for NPCs to attack them without the tank being able to drag multiple targets
- Absorption Adapter: Weapon attacks have a chance to activate a shield, reducing damage by 75% until damage equal to 30% of your Health is prevented
- Fortified Assault: Increases your Defense by an additional 10% while not blocking
- Breakout Protection: your Defense and Toughness is increased by 10% for 4 seconds after using the Breakout ability
- Breakout Regeneration: Gain Health regeneration for 4 seconds after using the Breakout ability
- Deadly Block: Your Block Counter causes additional damage equal to 5% of your Precision
- Quick Healing: Gain an additional 2% bonus to Healing Received
- Regenerative Shielding: Heal yourself when using a Shield super power
- RED SOCKET
- Dominance & Might
- YELLOW SOCKET
- Dominance & Power
- BLUE SOCKET