Gadgets players employ a variety of wacky, devious and deadly contraptions to baffle their foes. This power is available for all players for FREE during Character Creation.
Gadgets Controller guide updated to GU44
- Vitalization: Increases power-restoration effects
- Dominance: Makes your effects, like damage and defense reduction, work on enemies.
- Power: Required to use powers in your loadout
- Critical Power Chance: Increases chance to perform a critical with a power-restoration ability
- Critical Power Magnitude: Increases the amount of power restored with a critical power-restoration
Power Points Build
Gadgets Controller Loadout
- Sticky Bomb: Restores Power to group members over time. Dazes enemies, making them vulnerable to dazing effects
- Defibrillator: Bend spacetime to your will, restoring Power to your group’s three most fatigued members. Also increase your Might and Precision for a short time
- Vortex Cannon: Reduces the target’s damage output and removes Damage role buffs. Knock enemies back, and possibly root and stun them.
- Stasis Field: Reduces enemy defenses. Trap your target inside a force field, causing damage over time.
- Distract: Smash a smoke capsule that prevents incoming damage and protects against control effects for a short time. Enemies are detaunted and compelled to seek other targets (usable while controlled)
- Napalm Grenade: Reduces the target’s ability to Heal and stops Power over Time effects. Inflicts Burning on enemies to cause damage over time.
- Battle Drone: Deploys an automated drone to assist in battle and provide power to your group
Gadget Controller Tips
- When more than one controller is in the group, only controller with the highest vitalization must activate the Restore Power buff to avoid its override.
- Keeping your group powered is your main task so for Gadgets controllers using Defibrillator is crucial to be used.
- Remember putting defense and damage debuffs to adds and bosses in PVE.
- In PVP, as a controller role you have special advantage on healers so find them, use your healer debuff called Napalm Grenade on them, and focus your attacks on them
- Distract can be very helpful in raids when you need to pick up your knockdown groupmates
- Choose between Distract or Napalm Grenade depending the situation
- Weapon: Replenishing Adapter
- Neck: Escalating Replenish
- Back: Breakout Regeneration
- Feet: Deadly Block
- Chest: Reserve Tank
- Hands: Max Damage
- Red Socket
- Vitalization & Might
- Yellow Socket
- Blue Socket
- Vitalization & Dominance (improve control effects)