Mental players create phantoms and manipulate objects and enemies with the power of their mind. This power is available for all players for FREE during Character Creation.
Mental Controller guide updated to GU56
- Vitalization: Increases power-restoration effects
- Power: Required to use powers in your loadout
- Dominance: Makes your effects, like damage and defense reduction, work on enemies.
- Critical Power Chance: Increases chance to perform a critical with a power-restoration ability
- Critical Power Magnitude: Increases the amount of power restored with a critical power-restoration
Power Points Build
Mental Controller Loadout
- Terror Tendrils: Restores Power to group members over time. Inflicts Terror to make enemies vulnerable to Terrorized Power Interactions. Stuns enemies.
- Psychic Empowerment: Restores Power to the three most fatigued group members; Increases your Might and Precision for a short time
- Cryokinesis: Reduces the target’s damage output and removes Damage role buffs. Inflicts Frostbite to make enemies vulnerable to freezing effects; may encase Frostbitten enemies
- Horrific Visage: Reduces the target’s ability to Heal and removes Power over Time effects. Target and nearby enemies are stunned and can become twisted into monsters
- Phantom Flames: Reduces enemy defenses. Burn the psyches of your enemies, damaging and stunning them. Inflicts Burning to cause damage over time
- Grandeur: Fills nearby enemies with awe, preventing incoming damage and protecting yourself against control effects for a short time. Enemies are detaunted and compelled to seek other targets [Usable While Controlled]
- Bastion: Protect yourself and seven other teammates from damage and restores Power Over Time. While active, enemy attacks deal damage back to your attackers
Mental Controller Tips
- When more than one controller is in the group, only controller with the highest vitalization must activate the Restore Power buff to avoid its override, if you are that troller then you should use “Terror Tendrils ”.
- Keeping your group powered is your main task so for Mental Controllers using “Psychic Empowerment ” is crucial to be used.
- Remember putting defense debuff called “Phantom Flames ” and damage debuffs called “Cryokinesis ” to adds and bosses in PVE.
- In PVP, as a controller role you have special advantage on healers so find them, use your healer debuff called “Horrific Visage [3A]” on them, and focus your attacks on them.
- “Grandeur ” can be very helpful in raids when you need to pick up your knockdown groupmates.
- Weapon: Replenishing Adapter
- Neck: Escalating Replenish
- Back: Breakout Regeneration
- Feet: Explosive Block
- Chest: Core Strength
- Hands: Empowered Channeling
- Red Socket
- Vitalization & Precision
- Yellow Socket
- Blue Socket
- Vitalization & Dominance (improve control effects)