Rage Tankers keep the group safe by attracting enemies’ attention by aggravating or taunting and absorbing their attacks with high levels of defense, toughness, dominance, and health; they defer incoming damage and share their rage with their allies. Rage is the game’s 12th power set.
Rage is a power set available through the download of the ”War of the Light: Part 1” DLC.
As a tank, your main statistics will be, in order of importance:
- Defense: Defense reduces damage from non-player enemies. (71 defense=1% damage reduction).
- Toughness: Toughness reduces damage from players enemies. (71 Toughness =1% damage reduction).
- Health: Health measures ability to withstand knockout
- Dominance: Dominance makes your effects, like stuns, knocks, and pulls, work on enemies.
Power Points Build
Use this guide to view the selected talents to include in your build:
This build only use 12 power points, so you can use the last 3 power points in the Iconic tree:
- Nanoweave Armor: Permanently gain +50 Defense +100 Toughness
- Powerful Resistance: Permanently gain +100 Health
- Intimidating Gaze: Permanently gain +25 Dominance
Rage Tank Loadout
- Ragebringer: Smother your target and nearby enemies in rage energy, damaging and dragging them toward you. You receive healing equal to a portion of the damage dealt.
- Severe Punishment: heals back all damage taken for 8 seconds, after which you suffer from Rage Crash causing all healed damage to instantly return. You gain +10% Control Resistance and +10% Health. (usable while controlled)
- Outrage: Damages and stuns enemies in your path. Rage Combo [Hold Melee] Extra Measure: Damages and knocks your target and nearby enemies down (Vulnerable to Block). (While performing this attack or combo, damage caused by Rage Crash is ignored).
- Ire: Focus your seething anger, freeing yourself from control effects and healing yourself instantly. Extends immunity against debuffs and control effects to up to 7 group members. (usable while controlled)
- Galling Eruption: Disgorge blistering plasma all around you, damaging enemies caught in the pool. Inflicts Plasma Burn making enemies vulnerable to plasma attacks. Damage caused by Rage Crash is significantly reduced while standing in plasma.
- Redirected Rage: Construct a shield from the essence of rage, preventing incoming damage. Some damage may be directed back at your attacker (usable while controlled)
- Vindictive: While in the single-minded state, you heal back all damage taken and are immune to Rage Crash. Press the Vindictive button again to toggle this effect off. [7.5%/sec Supercharge Cost] (usable while controlled)
Rage Tank Tips
- Severe Punishment will cause Rage Crash after 8 seconds. Activate Outrage and its Rage Combos immediately after the Rage mode ends in order to prevent the Rage Crash Damage.
- Activate Vindictive to heal back all damage taken and be immune to Rage Crash. Remember to toggle the effect off.