Rage players eradicate their enemies through blind rage. This power is available by buying it from Marketplace with 600 Station Cash.
Rage Tank guide is updated to GU73. You can check videos from DCUO Youtubers below to learn more about other loadouts and rotations.
STAT POINTS PRIORITY
Every tank has its own mechanics to survive NPCs attacks. These are the mechanics for Rage Tanking:
- In Tank role, you gain the following benefits
- +20% Health
- +50% Defense while not blocking
- Scar Tissue – As your Combo Meter increases, gain Health equal to a percentage of your Dominance, up to a maximum of 100% of your Dominance
- Enrage heals back a portion of damage taken for 8 seconds, after which you suffer from Rage Crash causing all healed damage to instantly return
- When Enrage is active you also gain Fervor, increasing your Defense by 50% while not blocking
- Rage Crash is what makes most Rage Tanks fail when its damage is not prevented.
- It is imperative to master its timing and prevent its damage with special superpowers like Eviscerating Chain or Remorseless Recovery
This Loadout is focused on Hybrid Playstyle allowing your character to use a mix of Weapon and Super power attacks. Players must unlock these stat points after unlocking required Weapon Combos , Weapon Mastery Combos and Movement Innates (7 Skill Points)
- Focus: Hybrid – Use 1 Skill Point
- Unlock Weapon Mastery Combos, and Movement Abilities before unlocking this Stat
- Critical Attack Chance – Use only 10 Skill Points
- Critical Attack Damage – Use only 10 Skill Points
- Health – 50% of remaining Skill Points
- Try to have the same amount of skill points on Dominance Points
- Dominance – 50% of remaining Skill Points
- Try to have the same amount of skill points on Health Points
- Restoration – After unlocking Dominance and Health
- Increase your healing effects after Full Dominance and Health
- Spend 5 Skill Points before going Full Dominance and Health to gain Restoration percentage increase
rage TANK LOADOUT
Click Power Icons to display their Tooltip
- Use Ragebringer [1A] to drag your target and nearby enemies
- Use Without Mercy  to knock down nearby enemies. This is very helpful when multiple NPCs are hitting you and your tank needs a break
- Ire  is your Group Breakout ability. It provides immunity to control effects to you and up to seven teammates.
- Severe Punishment  grants you the Enrage, healing back a portion of damage taken for 8 seconds, after which you suffer from Rage Crash causing all healed damage to instantly return. It also activates the Fervor effect.
- Remorseless Recovery  allows you to receive healing equal to a portion of your damage dealt to enemies, capped at a percentage of your Dominance and Restoration. It also significantly reduced the damage caused by Rage Crash
- Eviscerating Chain  is your lifesaver from Rage Crashing. While performing this attack or combo, damage caused by Rage Crash is ignored
- Ragebringer [1A] is the main tank superpower for getting NPCs aggro
- For some instance mechanics, Rage Tanks will need to use Rage Blast [1B] to taunt a single target (bosses or sub-bosses). The effect is more powerful and will not be broken by a standard Tank Role taunt
- If you want to have both superpowers Ragebringer [1A] and Rage Blast [1B], you can replace it with Without Mercy . However, this is not recommended.
- Players can choose between Ire  or Redirected Rage [4B] according to the situation.
- Ire  is great for instance mechanics where group members specially Healers and Controllers are vulnerable to control effects
- Redirected Rage [4B] grants a protective Shield which is great for providing protection between the cooldowns on Severe Punishment 
RAGE TANK Tips
- When engaging battle, start with Severe Punishment  and Remorseless Recovery  together to share cooldowns
- Severe Punishment  grants you the Enrage effect making you virtually invincible for 8 seconds until Rage Crashing
- For taking care of Rage Crash you should use these superpowers mechanics:
- While the effect of Remorseless Recovery  are active, damage caused by Rage Crash is significantly reduced
- While performing Eviscerating Chain  or combo, damage caused by Rage Crash is ignored. Use this superpower only for avoiding Rage Crash
- Mastering Rage Crash will prevent you from dying and increase your survival chances against powerful Bosses
- Without Mercy  can be a lifesaver when you are being attacked by more NPCs that you can hold. It will knock nearby enemies down giving your healer a few seconds to rapidly heal you.
- Use it wisely and be careful on making nearby enemies resistant to its knockdown effect
- For those instance mechanics where 2 tanks are needed. Communicate with your tank partner and coordinate who will be using the Single Taunt ability.
- Having both tanks with the Single Taunt will let the group vulnerable for NPCs to attack them without the tank being able to drag multiple targets
- Absorption Adapter: Weapon attacks have a chance to activate a shield, reducing damage by 75% until damage equal to 30% of your Health is prevented
- Fortified Assault: Increases your Defense by an additional 10% while not blocking
- Breakout Protection: your Defense and Toughness is increased by 10% for 4 seconds after using the Breakout ability
- Breakout Regeneration: Gain Health regeneration for 4 seconds after using the Breakout ability
- Deadly Block: Your Block Counter causes additional damage equal to 5% of your Precision
- Quick Healing: Gain an additional 2% bonus to Healing Received
- Max Damage: Using super powers increases damage by 2% for a short time
- RED SOCKET
- Dominance & Might
- Health & Might
- YELLOW SOCKET
- Dominance & Power
- Health & Power
- BLUE SOCKET
- Dominance & Health